Relationshipology for Families
“GROWING SIDE BY SIDE” - A PARENT’S GUIDE TO TEEN DEVELOPMENT
The Growing Side By Side parents program helps parents through teenage development milestones and the most problematic areas young adults face.
The Growing Side By Side parents program is split into three levels and must be completed in order. This means in order to enroll in Level 2, you must first complete the Level 1 program, and so on.
Level 1 of the Growing Side By Side program covers the important groundwork to establish a solid relationship with your child in order to successfully assist them through troubled times, and teach them the skills they need in life to excel.
It teaches the vital structure and crucial foundation of relationships when relating to your child.
Level 1 of the Growing Side By Side program entails:
What kids want and how to help them
- Know how to relate to your child
- How to be the parent your child wants and needs
- Understand the signs when your child is seeking your help and how to help them
- Perfect the notion of trust as a 2-way street
- Learn the key to earning the trust of your child, and teach them how to earn the trust from you
- Prevent your child from hiding things from you and feeling uncomfortable to talk to you about the important things
- How to support your child through the trials and tribulations of high school (and further studies)
- How to be there for your child’s education
- Knowing what they need, when to intervene and when to empower them to act independently
- Allowing and supporting new strengthening bonds outside the family systems
- Assist in solidifying current bonds and teaching kids how to create long lasting friendships
- Maintaining family bonds and new ways to ignite their interest in family activities
- Learn the non-verbal communication of teenagers and young adults
- Discover how to communicate with your child without arguing and having both parties reach desirable outcomes
- Learn how to give effective feedback and constructive criticism
- Perfect the notion of respect as a 2-way street
- Learn the key to earning the respect of your child, and teach them how to earn the respect from you
- Discover how to highlight incentives to learning and practicing manners and etiquette.
Bullies & Bullying
- Discover the underlining reasons why bullying happens
- How to resolve the issue of bullying and help your child
- What to do if your child is the bully and how to help them out of the cycle
Level 2 of the Growing Side By Side program covers those tough, sensitive and sometimes daunting areas that you encounter as a parent of teenage kids. Being able to support, encourage and grow together with your child through these milestones will enable you to establish a relationship to be able to face anything life throws at you, together.
It shows you how to put the teachings of the Growing Side By Side programs Level 2 into action on a higher level and in emotionally heightened circumstances.
Level 2 of the Growing Side By Side program entails:
Transition to Adulthood
- How to support your child into adulthood and independence
- Teach your child new found responsibilities including finding a job, the value of money and moving out.
- Discover how to inspire your child to embrace the transitional period
Drugs & Alcohol
- How and when to address the topic of drugs and alcohol
- What to do if you suspect your child is experimenting or is curious
- Learning the warning signs of teenage drug and alcohol usage
Internet & Social Media
- Learn how to navigate the world of media and technology
- Discover how to embrace the inevitable usage whilst being able to manage the risks
- Teaching the right way to use the internet and social media as well as demonstrating the impacts
- How to approach the subject of puberty and have your child feel comfortable to talk to you about their experience
- Creating a platform for your child to grow whilst feeling secure
- How to be there for your child through the changes of puberty
- How to help your child create friendships and positive relationships
- Dealing with problematic friendships and assisting your child navigate through friendship breakdowns
- Supporting your child through the rites of teen passage
Becoming not only their parent, but also their friend
- How to make the transition from parent to friend whilst maintaining authority and the “parent-position”
- Discover how to support your child like a friend, and have them ask you for advice they would ask their peers
- Learn how to relate to your child and spend quality time that you will both enjoy
- When to have the “birds and the bees” talk
- How to approach the subject of sex and have your child feel comfortable to talk to you about it
- Talking about sex education and sexuality
- How to help your child discover what is their passion
- Setting goals and objectives and helping your child develop the skills necessary to achieve them
- The tricky business of letting go and allowing your child to learn their passion and flourish in their own way
The Growing Side By Side retreat is an exclusive package that is the implementation and facilitation of the teachings from Level 1 and 2, with both parent and child. This is done through real-life scenarios, activities and practice exercises.
The Growing Side By Side Retreat is for those parents who want to improve their relationship with their kids and attain a deeper bond using the guidance of a professional. This is for parents who are consciously looking ahead to their future and planning their goals in respect to what role they will play in their kids life and what sort of relationship they aim to achieve.
The Retreat is conducted on location outside of your natural habitat. Make the most of this educational getaway with your children, while enjoying the exclusive time away from the every day hustle and bustle.
Kids subconsciously learn about relationships from their parents. This retreat provides you the platform to create and build a successful relationship with your kids, as well as providing them with the education to do it themselves.